Associate in Arts Direct Transfer Agreement
Skagit Valley College’s Associate in Arts Direct Transfer Agreement (AA-DTA) degree, modeled after the statewide Associate in Arts Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) is designed to transfer to most Washington State four-year institutions as well as many colleges and universities outside of Washington. For students intending to major in the arts, humanities and social sciences, SVC’s AA-DTA degree is an appropriate choice.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the AA-DTA program will be able to:
Natural Sciences Outcomes
- Demonstrate scientific literacy in terms of methodology, terminology, and fundamental concepts underlying at least one natural system.
- Analyze data and interpret the results from scientific investigations.
- Evaluate conclusions from scientific modeling, experimentation, or science-related articles.
- Apply mathematics and computational thinking to critically evaluate and solve problems in the natural world.
Social Sciences Outcomes
- Understanding the range of methods by which the social sciences study individuals, cultures, and societies.
- Rigorously apply concepts and tools from the social sciences to explain or analyze a social phenomenon, process, event, conflict, or issue.
- Objectively identify the social variables, structures, and experiences that shape an individual’s point of view, including one’s own.
- Recognize the nature of power and privilege.
- Evaluate and apply disciplinary approaches in the context of creative expression and human experience.
- Analyze and interpret personal, societal, and/or historical experiences that interact with aesthetic values.
- Engage and interact effectively with diverse audiences using the discourse of a given discipline.
Washington Colleges & Universities Accepting the AA-DTA Degree from Skagit Valley College
Statewide Transfer Degrees by Major
To help transfer students become better prepared in selected academic majors, Skagit offers the following degrees that transfer to Washington State four-year institutions:
Articulated Academic Transfer Degrees
Skagit also offers the following articulated academic transfer degrees: Education, A.Ed. transfers to WWU, and Visual Arts, AVA transfers to WSU.
Professional/Technical Degree Transfers
A number of Skagit’s Degrees & Certificates Quick View offer transfer options to four-year institutions. See Professional/Technical programs at the end of this chapter for more information.