Sep 23, 2023  
2023-2024 Catalog SVC 
2023-2024 Catalog SVC

High School Completion (HSC)

Our High School completion programs help you earn the credential you need to prepare for post-secondary education, further training, military service, or employment.  Skagit Valley College has several options for adult students who want to complete high school. Not sure which option is best for you? Enroll in a Basic Education Orientation CCB010  or talk to one of our High School Completion advisors and we will help determine the best path for you.

  1. GED®exam preparation in English or Spanish is offered through individualized and classroom instruction in the areas of reading, writing, math, computer technology, social studies, and science.​​
  2. HS+ Adult High School Diploma is a competency-based high school completion program for adults 18 and older who do not have a high school diploma from a US institution. High school competency requirements may be met through high school and college coursework or work; prior learning; or life, and/or military experience. Unmet requirements are achieved through coursework at Skagit Valley College.
  3. Open Doors Opportunities for Youth: Individuals below age 21 who have not completed high school may be eligible for the Open Doors Youth Re-engagement high school completion program. To request an application contact a counselor at the high school in your district or call our office at the number below.  
  4. Traditional Adult High School Diplomais an opportunity to earn a high school diploma by completing required coursework with SVC college level classes. Regular college tuition and fees apply. Students may earn a high school diploma upon completion of a two year ATA, DTA or other transfer degree. Contact an SVC Counselor for more information.​

How to Register


  • New students: Submit an application here. Request an appointment for CASAS testing and for seeing your Navigator at or call 360.416.7700.
  • Returning students: Follow the steps here, for further assistance, please communicate at or call 360.416.7700


In person assistance for registeration is available at:

  • Mount Vernon Campus: Lewis Hall at the Admissions Desk.
  • Oak Harbor Campus: Old Main at the Admissions Desk.