Think analytically, logically, creatively, and reflectively.
- Recognize how the values and biases in different disciplines can affect the ways in which information and knowledge are created and analyzed
- Analyze issues and develop questions within a discipline
- Access, interpret, and evaluate relevant information to reach defensible conclusions
- Develop unique and/or innovative solutions and gain insight utilizing reflective and creative thought processes
Apply mathematical skills quantitatively, logically, creatively, and critically.
- Use mathematical principles and methods to reason, gain insight, and solve problems
- Interpret data presented in various formats
Produce and exchange ideas and information through written, spoken, and visual forms.
- Read, comprehend, and produce college level writing
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, group, and/or public communication skills
- Develop appropriate communication strategies to inform, persuade, or entertain
- Demonstrate informational, critical, and empathetic listening skills appropriate to a given context
- Analyze, interpret, and/or create visually communicated content
Apply knowledge, skills, and methodologies from multiple disciplines.
- Recognize the interconnectedness of diverse disciplines and areas of study
- Identify the strengths and limitations of different disciplinary frameworks and methodologies and their implementation
- Identify and evaluate the relationships among different perspectives within a field of study or among different fields of study
- Demonstrate cognitive complexity by considering issues from multiple perspectives
Interact with humans and the environment informed by an understanding of equity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historically and socially constructed nature of human differences, with a particular focus on power and privilege
- Identify prevailing systems of power and one’s individual and group status
- Reflect critically on one’s ethical role and identity as a citizen, consumer, student, and environmental actor
- Apply cross-cultural communication strategies and skills appropriate to a given context