Feb 27, 2024  
2021-2022 Catalog SVC 
2021-2022 Catalog SVC [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

High School Completion

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Degrees and Certificates by Department

Program Overview

Our high school completion programs help you earn the credential you need to prepare for post-secondary education, further training, military service, and employment.  Skagit Valley College has several options for adult students who want to complete high school. Not sure which option is best for you? Enroll in a Basic Education Orientation CCB 010  or talk to one of our High School Completion advisors and we will help determine the best path for you. All students entering Basic Education for Adult classes take the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System (CASAS) so they can be placed in the right level of classes. The information on these tests relate directly to everyday reading and math skills.

Program Options:

  1. GED® Preparation  in English or Spanish is offered through individualized and classroom instruction in the areas of reading, writing, math, computer technology, social studies, and science.​​
  2. HS+ Adult High School Diploma  is a competency based high school completion program for adults 18 and older who do not have a high school diploma from a U.S. institution. High school competency requirements may be met through high school and college coursework, life experiences, employment, prior learning, and/or military experience. Unmet requirements are achieved through coursework at Skagit Valley College.
  3. Open Doors : Individuals below age 21 who have not completed high school may be eligible for the Open Doors Youth Re-engagement high school completion program. To request an application contact a counselor at the high school in your district or call our office at the number below.  
  4. Traditional Adult High School Diploma is an opportunity to earn a high school diploma by completing required coursework with SVC college level classes. Regular college tuition and fees apply. Students may earn a high school diploma upon completion of a two year associate degree. The student must provide the college a written request to receive a high school diploma. Contact an SVC Counselor for more information.​
Contact Us

Mount Vernon Campus: 360.416.7640
Whidbey Island Campus: 360.679.5339

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Degrees and Certificates by Department