Associate of Arts Direct Transfer Agreement
The Associate of Arts Direct Transfer Agreement (AA-DTA) degree is designed to transfer to four-year colleges and universities in Washington state.
DTA degrees provide students:
- Priority consideration in the admissions for most humanities and social science majors public universities ahead of students without a degree.
- Completion of lower division general education requirements.
- Credit for all courses completed within the DTA up to and in some cases beyond 90 credits.
- Opportunity to explore several fields of study through the category of up to 30 credits of elective courses.
- Opportunity to complete prerequisites for a future major.
Students who transfer within these agreements must still meet requirements in major, minor and professional programs.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the AA-DTA program will be able to:
Natural Sciences Outcomes
- Demonstrate scientific literacy in terms of methodology, terminology, and fundamental concepts underlying at least one natural system.
- Analyze data and interpret the results from scientific investigations.
- Evaluate conclusions from scientific modeling, experimentation, or science-related articles.
- Apply mathematics and computational thinking to critically evaluate and solve problems in the natural world.
Social Sciences Outcomes
- Understanding the range of methods by which the social sciences study individuals, cultures, and societies.
- Rigorously apply concepts and tools from the social sciences to explain or analyze a social phenomenon, process, event, conflict, or issue.
- Objectively identify the social variables, structures, and experiences that shape an individual’s point of view, including one’s own.
- Recognize the nature of power and privilege.
- Evaluate and apply disciplinary approaches in the context of creative expression and human experience.
- Analyze and interpret personal, societal, and/or historical experiences that interact with aesthetic values.
- Engage and interact effectively with diverse audiences using the discourse of a given discipline.
Washington Colleges & Universities Accepting the AA-DTA Degree from Skagit Valley College
Statewide Transfer Degrees by Major
To help transfer students become better prepared in selected academic majors, Skagit offers the following degrees that transfer to Washington State four-year institutions:
- Biology Direct Transfer Agreement, DTA/MRP
- Business Direct Transfer Agreement, DTA/MRP
- Computer Science DTA/MRP
- Fire Service Administration, AAS-T
- Music Direct Transfer Agreement, DTA/MRP
- Associate in Nursing Direct Transfer Agreement, DTA/MRP
- Associate in Pre-Nursing Direct Transfer Agreement, DTA/MRP
- Education, AAS-T
- Environmental Sustainable Agriculture Education, AAS-T
- Associate in Science - Transfer Track #1, AS-T
- Associate in Science - Transfer Track #2, AS-T
Articulated Academic Transfer Degrees
Skagit also offers the following articulated academic transfer degrees: Visual Arts, AVA transfers to WSU.
Professional/Technical Degree Transfers
A number of Skagit’s Associate in Applied Science Transfer Degrees (AAS-T) offer transfer options to four-year institutions. See Degrees & Certificates Quick View for more information.