Dec 02, 2023
Transfers to Heritage University, Pacific Lutheran University, St. Martin’s University, Seattle Pacific, UW Bothell, UW Seattle, WSU, WWU, Western Governor’s University
Associate in Nursing DTA/MRP Degree - Mount Vernon Campus
The DTA/ MRP degree prepares students who are highly educated, technically advanced, competent and caring individuals to practice professional nursing in a variety of settings. The full-time program, located on the Mount Vernon campus, requires attendance in daytime lecture and lab classes, and both daytime and evening clinical experiences.
Graduates of this program are eligible to take the examination for licensure as a registered nurse (NCLEX-RN). Passing the NCLEX-RN exam and completion of this transfer degree provide the general education and nursing courses for direct transfer with only one additional year of study to complete the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN pathway).
Baccalaureate institutions party to this agreement are:
- Washington State University
- University of Washington
- Western Washington University
- Heritage University
- Seattle Pacific University
- St. Martin’s University
- Western Governors University
Note: Admission to an RN to BSN program may be competitive; therefore, no particular GPA can guarantee admission to any specific program. Certain schools may have additional university-specific requirements for admission to the institution that are not prerequisites specifically identified in the DTA requirements.
This degree is intended to prepare students for licensure as a registered nurse as well as entry into a Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion degree. Although this degree will be granted to SVC students completing a cumulative 2.0 GPA, entry into a Bachelor of Science Nursing program will require a higher GPA for admission. Seek out an SVC Nursing advisor/counselor early in your studies to check with potential transfer institutions about requirements for overall minimum GPA, possible higher GPA in a selected subset of courses, or a specific minimum grade in one or more courses such as math or English. Students should contact potential degree institutions regarding specific requirements where options are listed.
Students must complete 135 quarter credits in transferable courses numbered 100 or above with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 in order to graduate from SVC with an Associate in Nursing DTA/MRP degree. At least 25 college-level credits must be earned at SVC. Credits must satisfy course requirements listed below.
Courses with an ampersand (&) are Common Course Numbering courses; *indicates lab or skill/studio course.
1. Communication Skills (10 cr.)
2. Quantitative Skills (5 cr.)
3. Integrative Learning Experience
This requirement is satisfied by taking:
4. Diversity Requirement
This requirement is satisfied by taking:
5. Distribution Requirements (60 cr.)
A. Humanities (15 cr.)
- PHIL 291 - Ethics and Policy in Healthcare (5)
- Select 10 credits in courses from the AA-DTA degree Humanities distribution from at least two disciplines, with no more than 10 credits from one discipline. No more than 5 credits may be applied in world languages at the 100 level. No more than 5 credits may be applied in performance/skill studio courses.
B. Natural Sciences (30 cr.)
C. Social Sciences (15 cr.)
6. Nursing Core (60 cr.)
- NURS 171 - Nursing Fundamentals-Skills & Pract:D (lecture) (7)
- NURS 172 - Nursing Fundamentals-Skills & Pract:D (clinical) (2)
- NURS 173 - Nursing Fundamentals-Skills & Pract:D (lab) (3)
- NURS 181 - Nursing M/S Patient-Practicum (lecture) (6)
- NURS 182 - Nursing M/S Patient-Practicum (clinical) (6)
- NURS 191 - Nursing OB, Pediatrics, M/S-Skls Prac (lecture) (3)
- NURS 192 - Nursing OB, Pediatrics, M/S-Skls Prac (clinical) (4) (concurrent enrollment in SOC 191 (5) required)
- NURS 271 - Nursing Advncd OB, Ped, M/S-Skls Prac (lecture) (5)
- NURS 272 - Nursing Advncd OB, Ped, M/S-Skls Prac (clinical) (6)
- NURS 273 - Nursing Advncd OB, Ped, M/S-Skls Prac (lab) (1)
- NURS 281 - Nursing Complx M/S & Geriatric Patient (lecture) (6)
- NURS 282 - Nursing Complx M/S & Geriatric Patient(clinical) (6)
- NURS 291 - Entry Nursing Practice/Practicum (lecture) (1)
- NURS 292 - Entry Nursing Practice/Practicum (clinical) (4) (concurrent enrollment in PHIL 291 (5) required)
Student schedule may vary based on entry point and credit load. This is a full-time schedule. An Associate in Nursing DTA/MRP degree is awarded upon completion of a minimum of 75 credits of generic DTA credits and 60 nursing core course. Please note the annual schedule: not every nursing course will be offered every quarter.