Interested in learning or improving your English language skills? English Language Acquisition (ELA) provides English language instruction in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and college readiness. ELA prepares students for transition to High School Completion; College and Career Bridge; college certificate and degree programs; and employment.
Cost of Program
ELA tuition is $25 per quarter. You may take more than one ELA class at no extra cost. A tuition waiver is available for those meet income eligibility.
Any person with limited English skills who is age 19 or older OR any individual who has graduated from high school is eligible to enroll in ELA classes.
Individuals age 16-18 who have not graduated from high school may enroll after providing a high school release form (obtainable from the high school were you currently live), or if homeschooled, a notarized statement of homeschooling.
Individuals with a student or au pair (F1, M1, or J1) Visa 4 are note eligible and should contact International Programs for information on class options.
New students should register for ELA 010 - ELA Orientation . Orientation classes are held the week before classes start.
Register for Classes:
- Day and evening classes are available.
- Mount Vernon Campus-Assistance in registering is available in Lewis Hall at the Admissions Desk or in room L127
- Oak Harbor Campus- Assistance in registering is available in Old Main at the Admissions Desk.
- Mount Vernon Campus: 360.416.7640
- Whidbey Island Campus: 360.679.5339